Monday, August 4, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Just a few random thoughts floating around in my head . . .

After having seen The Dark Knight on opening night at midnight, my desire to see it again continues to grow exponentially. I'm basically at the point where I would go and see it by myself, it's just that good . . .

With the trade of Joe Rauch from the Nationals to the Diamondbacks, CC Sabathia and Prince Fielder of the Brewers become the heaviest teammates in Major League Baseball. The title did belong to Rauch along with former teammate Dmitri Young. Together the former Nationals teammates weighed in at almost 590 pounds, with the 6'11 Rauch making up 291 of that, and the 6'2 Young tipping the scales at 298. The new biggest duo combine to weigh 560 lbs, CC Sabathia measure 6'7 and 290 pounds and Prince Fielder a very robust 5'11, 270. I don't know why anyone would want to know this, but I did all of the research myself, so I am fairly certain about it's accuracy. I wonder if when the Brewers traded for Sabathia the Indians were required to provide compensation for an expanded post game food spread as part of the deal . . .

The Red Sox should probably consider not losing to the Royals, that would make me feel better about things . . .

If I were at least 6 feet tall I would definitely make a serious effort to train to compete in the Worlds Strongest Man competition. No I'm not kidding . . .

And last but not least, I'll give a special prize to anyone who can tell me where the name of my blog "echos in eternity" comes from . . .

Have a good day.

6 comments:

Minda said...

Gil Meche and his triangle beard thingie think otherwise.

And I can't judge you for taking the time to research something so very random. I've done the same thing many times...and sometimes not even for the purpose of sharing with anyone, but just because I'm curious.

aziner said...

at least Tampa Bay & the Yanks lost too...but yeah we should try not to do that.

raj said...

I know where it comes from, so I suppose that's not considered guessing, eh?

Bahil said...

let me guess...Jared Bayless let you borrow it...

Michael said...

Is Rich Garces still in the league? I think him and Ortiz together weighed about 1200 pound combined.

Stoney said...

echoes in eternity is from the Sandlot. Babe Ruth tells Benny the Jet that what he does here will echo for eternity. Just takin a wild guess here.